Old Dispensary Palace Museum Arab Fort House of Wonders Forodhani Gardens Unesco World Heritage Site Market Anglican Cathedral Persian Baths Slave Market St. Joseph's Cathedral Zanzibar map High Court National History Museum Peace Memorial Museum Old DispensaryPalace Museum Arab Fort House of WondersForodhani GardensUnesco World Heritage Site MarketAnglican CathedralPersian Baths Slave MarketSt. Joseph's Cathedral High Court National History Museum Peace Memorial Museum

The Old Dispensary:

The Old Dispensary (now known as the Stone Town Cultural Centre) laid in 1887, the building was only completed in 1894. Built by Tharia Thopen, one of Zanzibar's richest men to commemorate the Golden Jubilee of Queen Victoria. It is a grand four story building with a set of decorative balconies. It served as a dispensary during colonial times but fell into disrepair in the 1970's and 1980's. It is one of the Stone Town buildings that have been successfully restored, in this case with funding from the Aga Khan Trust for Culture.